n a v i g a t i o n
m a i n
Insights to Performance Excellence
Insights to Performance Excellence 2013–2014: Understanding the Integrated Management System and the Baldrige Criteria
The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Criteria for Performance Excellence is a powerful assessment tool that helps identify organizational strengths as well as key areas for improvement. However, because of the complexity of modern management systems, the criteria used to examine them are also complex and often difficult to understand.
Insights to Performance Excellence 2013–2014: Understanding the Integrated Management System and the Baldrige Criteria simplifies the Baldrige Award process by offering thorough and logical explanations of the criteria, while providing a clear guide to improving organizational performance.
Highlights of the 2013–2014 edition:
This book helps leaders, performance excellence examiners, and organization-improvement practitioners to understand the 2013–2014 Baldrige Criteria and the linkages and relationships among the Items.
Seven types of information are provided in this book for each of the Items in Categories 1 through 6:
2. A plain-English explanation of the requirements of each Item with some suggestions about the rationale for the Item and ways to meet key requirements.
3. A table showing the similar requirements of the Criteria presented only once at the scoring level where the requirement first appears.
4. A summary of the requirements of each Item in flowchart form.
5. The key linkages between each Item and the other Items.
6. An explanation of some potential adverse consequences that an organization might face if it fails to implement processes required by each Item.
7. Examples of effective and ineffective practices that some organizations have developed and followed consistent with the requirements of the Item.
Features of this 2013–2014 edition include:
• New information on the Baldrige 2013–2014 Criteria for Performance Excellence to help leaders focus on priority opportunities for improvement and better understand the role they must play in refining their management systems and processes.
• The CD-ROM included with this book has been modified to bring templates and related analyses up to date with the changes in the Criteria.
• A section on the CD-ROM provides a comprehensive Application Development Template for Education and Health Care organizations, as well as for Business and Nonprofit organizations.
• Scoring guidelines that combine the Baldrige Criteria and Scoring Guidelines are also provided on the CD–ROM for Education, Health Care, and Business/Nonprofit organizations.
Reading Insights to Performance Excellence 2013–2014: Understanding the Integrated Management System and the Baldrige Criteria will strengthen your understanding of the Criteria and provide insight on analyzing your organization, improving performance, and applying for the award.
Copies of Insights to Performance Excellence may be purchased directly from Quantum Performance Group, Inc. To order, contact Quantum Performance Group at 585-394-3700 or e-mail at Info@QuantumPerformance.com.